Monday, September 22, 2014

New Whiteboard App - Show Me

Now that Educreations has decided to charge for its services (to the tune of about $100/year), I am switching to Show Me. Show me is similar to Educreations, and is a free app with unlimited storage. Educreations still has a free version, but many of the previously free features (such as unlimited storage) are now only available in the paid version.

Below is a first attempt at using Show Me. As you can see, it looks similar to Educreations.


While Show Me does not have as many features as Educreations, it appears to be a solid app. I like that I can import PDFs or other formats as a background, and can have several pages set up ahead and scroll through them as needed. I also like that I can explore topics and find things that I might be able to use in the classroom.

Here is an example of a video found on their site that teaches about solving 1 and 2 step equations. These can be embedded on a site as below, or you can link to them.


Thanks, Show Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment